There is no official way to hide particular slides from student's view. However, you are able to upload images using the CAMERA TOOL to cover up slides in Classkick. You can remove the image in real-time when you are ready for students to view the additional slides.
Important note: there is NOT a way to hide slides for individual students or in a self-pace way. However, just as you are able to provide feedback for particular students and not others, you can do the same with uploading images to hide content on some slides for those particular students.
While we do not have an equation editor for math type, check out some of the other apps that Classkick teachers use below!
Here is a video from one of our Classkick teachers showing how to use Equatio with Classkick!
- After you create new rosters, you may want to delete or archive your old roster. At this time, we do not have the ability to "archive" rosters, but you can delete rosters by clicking on the trash can icon to the far right (see screenshot below).
- PLEASE NOTE: Deleting a roster will delete the students' work and you will NOT be able to restore the roster / undo the delete. Additionally, deleting a roster, or removing a student from the roster, does NOT delete the student account.
- "Archiving" roster best practices for PRO (paid) accounts / Portfolio student rosters:
- If you wish to delete a roster, please note that doing so will put all the assignments assigned to students in an Old Work folder. This article gives more information on the Old Work folder (item # 12).
- In order to delete a roster without the work being available to students in an Old Work folder, be sure to HIDE the assignments assigned to the roster first. THEN, you can delete the roster. (This does NOT delete the assignments from your dashboard, but hides them from the students).
- Unfortunately, once a roster has been deleted, there is no way to remove the work from the Old Work folder. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we hope to improve this in the future.
- If you would rather keep the roster in order to continue to have access to student work, our team recommends you rename the roster to note that it is an old roster.
- Ex. "Period 6" to "OLD - Period 6" or "Archived - Period 6"
- You can also export student work to PDF before deleting the roster if you want access to the work.
- You may be looking at your OWN dashboard and want to archive assignments. At this time, we do not have the ability to archive assignments. This is something else we hope to improve on.
- With Classkick Pro, you can create Folders and subfolders to organize assignments!
- If you want access to assignments for this new school year, but you don't want them cluttering your dashboard, create a folder titled "Archive" and move all assignments there. When you are ready, you can move the assignment to your main dashboard. You can also move entire folders of assignments into the "Archive" folder.
- If you are looking to "archive" assignments for students, please follow the steps above and HIDE the assignment, then un-assign or delete last year's roster.
We also have a wonderful community of Classkick teachers that are always sharing best practices related to things just like this: see below!