Welcome back, teachers!
We are so excited to be joining you on another amazing school year! As a team of mostly former teachers, we know how hectic back to school time can be! To help our amazing teachers feel better prepared, we put together a list of best practices for back to school time.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be links to other help center articles for more information, so keep an eye out!
There is a section for Teachers and Admin.
(Click on the links to jump down to the correct section)
- Create new rosters
- "Archive" roster
- "Archive" assignments
- Student dashboard is messy! What if a previous teacher's work is appearing on students' dashboards?
- "Getting Started on Classkick" assignments
- My school has Pro, but my account still says Basic
- I just bought Pro, but now my school upgraded!
- Email address change
- Class Code - Where is the class code?
- How can I move students from one roster to another?
Back to School Best Practices - TEACHERS
One of the first things you will want to do this beginning of the school year is create new rosters! Our team recommends that you start fresh!
- Check out the help center articles for a refresher on how to create a new roster:
- We highly recommend you use Portfolio student accounts if you have a Pro account!
- Please see this help center article for information on Basic vs. Portfolio accounts.
- Don't forget to lock your roster!!
- If you are trying to add students, but get an error message, please be sure to see this help center article for some troubleshooting suggestions!
After you create new rosters, you may want to delete or archive your old roster. At this time, we do not have the ability to officially "archive" rosters, but you can delete rosters by clicking on the trash can icon to the far right (see screenshot below).
PLEASE NOTE: Deleting a roster will delete the students' work and you will NOT be able to restore the roster / undo the delete.
Additionally, deleting a roster, or removing a student from the roster, does NOT delete the student account.
If you would rather keep the roster to continue to have access to student work or give students access to their work, our team recommends you rename the roster to note that it is an old roster.
- Ex. Rename roster "Period 6" to "OLD - Period 6" or "Archived - Period 6"
You may be looking at your OWN Teacher dashboard and want to archive assignments. At this time, we do not have the ability to archive assignments. This is something else we hope to improve on.
- With Classkick Pro, you can create Folders and subfolders to organize assignments!
- If you want access to assignments for this new school year, but you don't want them cluttering your dashboard, create a folder titled "Archive" and move all assignments there. When you are ready, you can move the assignment to your main dashboard. You can also move entire folders of assignments into the "Archive" folder.
If you are looking to "archive" assignments for students:
- You can HIDE the assignment so that the assignment no longer appears on students' dashboards
- Un-assign a roster by going to the Assign tab and clicking on the X to the far right of the roster.
- PLEASE NOTE: Un-assigning or removing a roster from an assignment will delete the students' work and you will NOT be able to restore the roster / undo the delete.
- This also does NOT delete the roster. It simply removes it from a specific assignment.
- Delete an old roster (see item 2 above for directions on how to DELETE the roster).
PLEASE NOTE: You can reuse assignments from last year! Simply assign the assignment to the new/current roster under the assignment's "Assign" tab!
Unfortunately, students cannot delete their old work. Previous teachers will need to remove work from the student dashboard by HIDING assignments or deleting old rosters.
When teachers create a new account, each account has an Intro to Classkick assignment for students to do! If you have accidentally deleted this, or to see other assignments, be sure to check out our Assignment Library!
- Please see this help center article to see how to copy an assignment from the Assignment Library.
- Please see this help center article if you have an assignment you would like to add to the Assignment Library!
If you have confirmed that your school has Pro and you have joined the organization, but you still appear as a Basic account, this is most likely because of a variation of organization name. In order to join your school's organization, you must join the EXACT organization.
- Any SLIGHT variation in the name will cause verification errors.
- Example: Classkick Middle School vs. Classkick Middle or Classkick middle vs. Classkick Middle, etc.
You can manually join the organization, or join by inputting the Pro Invite Code generated by your Classkick admin. Our team highly recommends using the Pro Invite Code to ensure you join the correct organization.
Please see this help center article for instructions on how to join the correct organization.
If your school has upgraded and you already purchased Pro, be sure to CANCEL your individual subscription under Profile and Plan.
Please see this help center article for more information on how to SWITCH from a Pro Teacher plan to a Pro School plan.
You can change your email address under Profile and Information.
If you would like to change your email address but are unable to, please FILL OUT THIS FORM.
The class code is unique to each roster AND assignment. If using Basic accounts, students will need a different code to access different assignments.
Please be mindful not to share the same class code across rosters! Sharing the class code with students on another roster will allow those students to add themselves to the incorrect roster (unless your assignment is locked)
You can find the class code under the Assign tab. See this article for more information on class code, how to generate it, and where to find it.
This help center article gives a list of troubleshooting suggestions to help pinpoint what the issue may be.
PLEASE NOTE: If the student already has a Portfolio account, the student needs to add themselves to your roster using a class code.
Unfortunately, there isn't a way to do this at this time.
Here is what you can do:
- Provide the student with the class code of an assignment for the new roster (just ONE time) to add the student to that roster.
- You can then remove the student from the original roster.
- PLEASE NOTE: This means you will lose access to the student's work. However, if you have Pro, both you and the student can export their work to PDF to keep their work on file.
- You can also keep the student on both rosters if you would like to keep the work that was done for that roster.
Back to School Best Practices - ADMIN
At this time, there is no way for admin to directly mass delete/archive student accounts. This is something we hope to improve in the future.
If you are looking to mass delete student accounts from your Pro contract, please email email@example.com
- Our team can mass delete ALL student accounts on your contract.
- PLEASE NOTE: Our team is only able to mass delete these accounts. This means students will no longer have access to their accounts or any assignments tied to them.
- Please allow our team up to 2 weeks to do this.
If your email address domain has changed, please email a CSV file containing current email addresses and the new email addresses you would like to change to, to firstname.lastname@example.org