Welcome back to school, Teachers! And welcome back to Classkick. Below, you will find answers to our most asked questions. Don't see the information you are looking for? Simply reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are so happy to assist! Best of luck with the new school year!
If you are a teacher who is brand new to Classkick, please check out this section with articles on getting started.
Click on each heading to learn more.
1) How do I create new rosters?
Check out the help center articles for a refresher on how to create new rosters:
PLEASE NOTE: We highly recommend you use Portfolio student accounts if you have a Pro subscription. Please see this help center article for information on Basic vs. Portfolio accounts.
If you are trying to add students to a roster, but get an error message, please be sure to see this help center article for some troubleshooting suggestions.
2) Can I organize old rosters? How?
1. Click Rosters.
2. Check the HIDE box next to the roster you wish to archive.
You can also delete your rosters, which will permanently delete student work:
1. In the Assign tab > toggle on Hide on all assignments assigned to the roster(s)
PLEASE NOTE: Deleting a roster will delete all rostered students' work permanently.
3) How do I organize old assignments?
At this time, we do not have the ability to officially "archive" old assignments. This is something we hope to improve on. However, with Classkick Pro, you can create folders and subfolders to organize assignments.
1. Create a Folder titled Archive and move old assignments or folders of assignments there.
2. When you are ready to use the assignment again this year, you can move the assignment back to your main dashboard.
To organize assignments for previous students so that work no longer appears on students' dashboards, follow the directions below.
1. Click the assignment in question.
2. Click Assign.
3. Toggle hide.
4. Click the X to the right of the roster in question.
PLEASE NOTE: Un-assigning or removing a roster from an assignment will delete students' work on this assignment. You will not be able to restore the roster or undo the delete.
PLEASE NOTE: This does not delete the roster. It simply removes the roster from an assignment (see Organize Old Rosters for directions on how to delete the roster).
PLEASE NOTE: You can reuse assignments from last year! Simply assign the assignment to the new/current roster under the assignment's Assign tab.
4) My students' dashboard is messy! or Previous work is appearing on students' dashboards.
Unfortunately, students cannot delete their old work. Previous teachers will need to remove work from the student dashboard by hiding assignments, or hiding or deleting old rosters.
PLEASE NOTE: Deleting the roster will give students access to the Old Work folder on iOS.
5) How do I create a Classkick assignment?
When teachers create a new account, each account has an Intro to Classkick assignment for students. If you have accidentally deleted this, or to see other assignments, be sure to check out our Assignment Library, along with these articles from our Help Center:
6) My school has Pro, but my account still says Basic. Help!
If you have confirmed that your school has Pro and you have joined the organization, but your account still appears as Basic, this is most likely due to a variation in the spelling of the organization's name. In order to join your school's organization, you must join the exact organization. This includes spelling the name exactly as your school set it up. Any slight variation in the name will cause verification errors.
- Example: Classkick Middle School vs. Classkick Middle or Classkick middle vs. Classkick Middle, etc.
1. To manually join your organization, type the name of your organization into the Join Organization box.
2. To join by inputting the Pro Invite Code generated by your Classkick admin, type the code into the Enter Pro Invite Code box.
For more information, please see this help center article for instructions on how to join the correct organization.
7) How do I switch from a Pro teacher subscription to a Pro school subscription?
If your school has upgraded and you already purchased an individual Pro subscription, you will need to cancel your individual Pro subscription so that you are no longer charged.
1. Click Profile then Plan.
2. Click CANCEL PRO.
Once you have completed the above step, please refer to item #6 to ensure you join your school’s Pro subscription.
Please see this help center article for more information on how to SWITCH from a Pro Teacher plan to a Pro School plan.
8) How do I change my email address?
1. Click Profile then Information.
2. In the Email box, type your new email address.
If you would like to change your email address but are unable to, please FILL OUT THIS FORM.
9) Where do I find the class code?
The class code is unique to each roster and assignment. If using Basic accounts, students will need a different code to access different assignments.
Please be mindful not to share the same class code across rosters! Sharing the class code with students on another roster will allow those students to add themselves to the incorrect roster (unless your roster is locked)
You can find the class code under the Assign tab.
See this article for more information on class code, how to generate it, and where to find it.
10) I can't add students to my roster!
This help center article gives a list of troubleshooting suggestions to help pinpoint what the issue may be.
11) Can I move students from one roster to another? How?
Unfortunately, Classkick does not currently have an official way of moving a student and their previous work to a new roster. However, because students can be on multiple rosters, we have a workaround.
1. Add the designated student to the new roster.
2. You can then remove the student from the original roster.
PLEASE NOTE: This means you will lose access to the student's work. However, if you have Pro, both you and the student can export their work to PDF to keep their work on file.
3. You can also keep the student on both rosters if you would like to keep the work that was done for that roster.