Welcome back to school, Administrators! And welcome back to Classkick. Below, you will find some tips and best practices right on time for school to begin. Don't see the information you are looking for? Simply reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are so happy to assist! Best of luck with the new school year!
Click on each heading to learn more.
1) Mass Remove Former Teacher or Student Accounts
You can remove users who no longer belong to your organization. This will help with rostering current students and teachers at the beginning of the school year by providing a clean slate.
1. Click Manage Users.
2. In the school drop down menu, select the correct school.
3. In the search bar, type the name of the teacher(s) or student(s) you would like to remove.
4. Select the teacher(s) or student(s) you would like to remove.
5. In the Action drop down menu, click Remove from organization.
PLEASE NOTE: this does not delete the removed accounts. If you are looking to mass delete student accounts from your Pro contract, please email email@example.com
- Our team can mass delete all student accounts on your contract.
- PLEASE NOTE: This means students will no longer have access to their accounts or any assignments tied to them.
- Please allow our team up to 2 weeks to do this.
2) Change School Email Domain
If your school's email address domain has changed, please email a CSV file containing current email addresses and the new email addresses you would like to change to, to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Teacher is Not Part of the Correct Organization
If you are having trouble verifying a teacher, the teacher may have unintentionally joined the incorrect organization. Please have the teacher you are struggling to verify log into THEIR account and make sure that they are a part of the EXACT same organization as you.
This information is found under Profile and Organization.
If the teacher is part of the incorrect organization, they will need to join the correct one.
There are two ways to join the organization - Pro Invite Code and Join Manually:
1. Pro Invite Code:
We recommend this method because it ensures that teachers join the correct organization.
To do this:
1. The Pro Admin generates a Pro Invite Code.
2. Teachers go to Profile then Plan.
3. Teacher inputs the Pro Invite Code in the text box.
2. Manually Join the Organization:
1. Teacher goes to Profile then Organization.
2. Click JOIN ORGANIZATION.
3. Search and select the correct organization.
PLEASE NOTE: The Pro admin should double check the name of the organization in their own account (under Profile then Organization). Any SLIGHT variation in the name will cause verification errors.
Example: Classkick Middle School instead of Classkick Middle, Classkick middle instead of Classkick Middle, etc.
4) Pro Admin is Not Verified
If the Admin is unable to verify any teacher, then the Admin will need to check that they themself are verified.
To do this:
1. Click on the Manage Users tab.
2. Search the Admin's name in the search text box.
3. Check the Verified column to ensure that it says Yes.
If the column says No, this means that the Pro Admin is not verified. This is something that our team will have to fix on our end.
Please have the Pro Admin email email@example.com explaining that they are a Pro admin for the school's account and need to be verified.
5) Pro Admin Has a Student Account
If the Pro Admin does not see the Rosters tab, Assignments tab, etc., then they more than likely have a student account.
If this is the case:
1. Admin will need to DELETE the account under Profile.
2. Create a TEACHER account here.
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get the Admin added back as the Pro Admin on the account.
6) Create Student Accounts
1. Click on the Manage Users tab under the Admin Dashboard in your Classkick admin account.
2. Select the correct school from the drop-down menu.
3. Click the Green + button.
4. Click New Students.
5. Choose whether you want to create accounts manually (entering one student at a time) or by uploading a CSV.
See the image below for a sample of the CSV format:
PLEASE NOTE: The formatting for the CSV should be exact. The first row headers are case sensitive and should not be capitalized. Please also have the order exactly the same. Otherwise, the CSV will not upload.
If using a CSV to create Google or Clever accounts, be sure to use the exact Google/Clever username/email address.
The password column does need to be filled in, but it can be anything. We recommend using a stock password for all students to help simplify this for you. Students with Google or Clever accounts do NOT need a password to log in. The password is needed only to upload the CSV.
PLEASE NOTE: Each individual user in Classkick must have a unique username or email address. We recommend using email addresses if your students have them. If your student's username is a student ID number, name, or initials, it is likely that this username already belongs to another student. Make sure that your student's username is unique by using a combination of student ID and name or initials.