Manipulatives are images that students can move.
To add a manipulative:
1. Click the manipulative feature button.
2. Upload the image you want.
3. Click finish.
If you want to add multiples of the same image:
1. Copy the manipulative (once it is on the slide)
2. Paste it as many times as you want!
Check out this video for more information!
PLEASE NOTE: "Add another" means you can add more images from the current file only. It does NOT mean you can upload another file at this time. If you have another file to upload, you must insert the current manipulative first.
Check out the video below to see how other teachers are using manipulatives
PLEASE NOTE: The below method is how manipulatives can be added on the iPad app, and it may look different than how manipulatives are added on Classkick web.
Unfortunately, there is NOT currently a way to have a transparent background for a manipulative within Classkick.
Teacher Tips for BEST PRACTICES with manipulatives:
1) If you aren't sure whether you uploaded an image using the manipulative tool or the camera tool, click on the image. If uploaded as a manipulative, you would see the 2 small squares in the bottom right of the image (same as the toolbar icon).
2) Use https://www.remove.bg/ to create transparent manipulatives!
3) Create a Classkick assignment of all your manipulatives so that you have a manipulative "bank" that you can always copy and paste from instead of uploading your manipulatives every time you create a new assignment!
4) You can also create a PDF document with a "manipulative bank." If you have one document with a manipulative bank, then you can upload that one document/pdf and select "add another" to add multiple manipulatives at one time!
If you are having trouble with the manipulative tool, please check out some troubleshooting suggestions HERE.