Manipulatives are images that students can move.
1) Add a manipulative
1. In an assignment, click the Add Manipulative icon.
2. Click SELECT FILE.
3. Click the file you wish to use.
4. Click NEXT, or select the area of the image you would like to use and click NEXT.
5. Click FINISH.
2) Add multiples of the same image
1. Once a manipulative is on a slide, press CTRL+C on Windows devices or COMMAND+C on Apple devices.
2. Press CTRL+V on Windows devices or COMMAND+V on Apple devices.
3) Video instructions
Check out this video for more information!
PLEASE NOTE: Add another means you can add more images from the current file only. It does NOT mean you can upload another file at this time. If you have another file to upload, you must insert the current manipulative first.
4) Classkick coach video
Check out the video below to see how other teachers are using manipulatives!
PLEASE NOTE: The below method is how manipulatives can be added on the iPad app, and it may look different than how manipulatives are added on Classkick web.
Unfortunately, there is NOT currently a way to have a transparent background for a manipulative within Classkick.
5) Teacher Tips for BEST PRACTICES with manipulatives:
1. Double check that the image is a manipulative.
If you aren't sure whether you uploaded an image using the manipulative tool or the camera tool, click on the image.
If uploaded as a manipulative, you would see 2 small squares in the bottom right of the image.
2. Make transparent manipulatives.
Use https://www.remove.bg/ to create transparent manipulatives!
3. Create a manipulative bank in a Classkick assignment.
Create a Classkick assignment of all your manipulatives so that you have a manipulative "bank" that you can always copy and paste from instead of uploading your manipulatives every time you create a new assignment!
4. Create a manipulative bank in PDF.
You can also create a PDF document with a manipulative "bank."
If you have one document with a manipulative bank, then you can upload that one document/pdf and click Add Another to add multiple manipulatives at one time!
If you are having trouble with the manipulative tool, please check out some troubleshooting suggestions.