Teachers using the Classkick app on iPad (version 4.66.1 and up) can now create QR codes for their students to easily log in!
With this update, students can now log in with QR codes generated from the Classkick roster.
Teachers have a new menu for selecting QR codes. Teachers have a screen for viewing and formatting print jobs to make delivery of QR codes to students easy and efficient!
1) Portfolio Students - Email / Password Login
When a teacher creates a QR code for a Portfolio student, they reset the student’s password and the old password will no longer work. The QR code will have a printout of the new password for easy access.
To reset passwords and generate QR codes for your Portfolio students,
1. Tap Rosters.
2. Tap the roster in question.
3. Tap QR CODES.
4. Tap individual students or SELECT ALL then tap CREATE.
5. A sheet of QR codes and new passwords will be available to print.
2) Basic Students
You can only create a QR code for Basic students under the View Work tab. The QR code will take the student directly to the assignment in question using the assignment's Class Code.
To generate a QR Code for your Basic students,
1. Tap the assignment in question.
2. Tap the three vertical dot icon then Manage Roster.
3. Tap individual students or SELECT ALL then tap CREATE.
4. A sheet of QR codes and the assignment's Class Code will be available to print.
3) Portfolio Students - Google and Clever Login
Students who are synced with Google and Clever do NOT have access to QR code login, as their login is controlled by Google/Clever and not Classkick.