If you are the Pro admin on your school's account, you will have a Manage Users tab when logged in to Classkick.
For security purposes, you will have to verify any new teacher that joins your school due to access to sensitive student data such as names and email addresses.
PLEASE NOTE: Teachers CANNOT see student data unless you verify them.
Click the heading for information!
1) Verify a Teacher:
1. Click Manage Users.
2. In the school drop down menu, select the correct school.
3. In the Search bar, type the name of the teacher to verify.
4. Select the teacher(s) to verify.
5. In the Action drop down menu, click Verify membership.
2) Unable to Verify a Teacher:
1. Is Teacher Part of the Same Organization?
Have the teacher you are struggling to verify log into THEIR account and make sure that they are a part of the EXACT same organization as you.
- This help center article shows how teachers can join the correct organization by entering the Pro Invite Code or manually joining.
- PLEASE NOTE: Teachers can join multiple school organizations if needed. Some instructional coaches may need to be on multiple school contracts. They can add themselves by using each school's Pro Invite Code or manually join multiple organizations.
2. Is the Admin Verified?
Check that you yourself as the Pro admin are verified.
You can search for your name under the Manage Users tab (see screenshot below):
You can also click on the Filter by Role option and filter to see if you are an admin on the account (and to see the other admin on your account). Once you filter, check to see that it says Yes under the verified column.
If You are Not Verified:
Our team will have to fix on our end. Email email@example.com explaining that you are a Pro admin for your school's account and need to be verified.
3. Does Admin Have an Accidental Student Account?
The admin will need to:
1. DELETE the student account under Profile.
If after trying these steps, you are still having issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the list of teachers' emails that you are unable to verify, and/or the specific issue(s) you're having.