When you are editing an assignment, use the fill in the blank tool to give your students the ability to type in a correct answer or have an answer box available that you insert for them.
Click on each heading for more information!
1) Use the Fill in the Blank Tool
1. In an assignment, click Edit.
2. Click the Add Fill In The Blank icon.
3. Click anywhere on the slide.
4. Click + ADD ACCEPTABLE ANSWER (optional).
5. Type or add points in the Set Points box (optional).
PLEASE NOTE the following:
- You do not need to add an acceptable answer. You can use the fill in the blank tool as a way to insert an answer box for students. This way, students won't need to insert a text box themselves.
- Fill in the blank is not case sensitive. This means that yes and YES will both be counted as correct if your acceptable answer is Yes.
2) View Student Answers and Grades
In a student's slide, correct Fill in the Blank answers will be outlined in green, and incorrect Fill in the Blank answers will be outlined in red. Total points are also shown in this view.
In the View Work tab, total points for the assignment and total points for the slide are shown.
PLEASE NOTE: You can use fill in the blank and decide whether or not you want students to see if their response was correct/incorrect and to see what their total score is.
To let students see their score, toggle Grades on under Assign. See this article for more information on the Grades feature and how to turn it on/off.
Please also note that students can change their answer regardless of whether the Grades feature is toggled on or not.
Check out this article written for students about whether they can see their grades and to see what it looks like for students if you have the Grades feature turned on.
3) Check out the video below for more information on fill in the blank!