When you are editing an assignment, you can use the multiple choice tool to give your students the ability to select the correct answer!
(Click on the links to jump down to the correct section)
- Choose the multiple-choice tool.
- Select the correct answer (ABCDE).
- Add a point value (if wanted).
PLEASE NOTE the following:
- You will have to create a text box or write with the pen in order to feature the question and answers (see screenshots below for a visual example). Think of our multiple-choice tool as just the scantron portion for students to choose an answer on.
- In order for students to be able to select an answer, they MUST be on the SELECTOR TOOL and not any other tool.
- Once the multiple choice button is added to the slide, it cannot be edited/changed. Please ensure that you select the correct answer with the correct point value before publishing.
The screenshots below show examples of what you see when students answer a multiple choice question.
The first screenshot shows what it looks like when you click into a student's slide and student has a correct and incorrect response. If the answer is correct, it is green. If the answer is incorrect, it is red.
The second screenshot shows what you will see from the teacher's View Work tab.
PLEASE NOTE: You can use multiple choice and decide whether or not you want students to see if their response was correct/incorrect and to see what their total score is.
To let students see their score, turn the Grades feature under the Assign tab on. See this article for more information on the Grades feature and how to turn it on/off.
Please also note that students can change their answer - regardless of whether the Grades feature is turned on or not.
Check out this article written for students about whether they can see their grades and to see what it looks like for students if you have the Grades feature turned on.