MULTIPLE NAMES ON ROSTER
If your student’s name appears in multiple variations on the roster, they have entered their name differently on some assignments. To prevent this from happening, we encourage you to lock the roster after all of your students have joined - click the image below for more support.
SOLUTIONS FOR ADDING STUDENTS TO ROSTER
There are a variety of reasons why students might not be able to be added to your roster:
1) Student has an accidental teacher account. Have them go to Profile and then click DELETE ACCOUNT when they are logged in to their Classkick account. They can then sign up for a new account at https://app.classkick.com/#/signup/student.
2) Google Classroom roster is not syncing correctly -- try resyncing your Google Classroom roster by going to Rosters and then clicking the sync button all the way to the right of your roster name. If this doesn’t work, please do the following:
- Make sure students have already been rostered in Google Classroom first.
- Delete ALL basic students from this roster (note: this will delete their work. If you want to save their work, please export to PDF, and then delete the Basic students)
- Log out of ALL Google accounts on your device.
- Log out of Classkick.
- Log back into Classkick by clicking LOG IN WITH GOOGLE.
- Sync your roster by clicking the double arrow on your roster page.
3) Students haven't logged in to Classkick for the FIRST time yet. If students' Portfolio accounts were CREATED using Google Classroom roster import, students will need to make sure to LOG IN WITH GOOGLE so that the Classkick account can be ACTIVATED. Otherwise, teachers will be unable to add these students to additional rosters.
4) Student already has a Portfolio account, so they need to be added to your roster using the method below
1.) Have the student log into their existing account.
2.) Share a Class Code to any assignment you want them to do that is connected to the correct roster (it doesn't matter which class code!)
3.) Have them click the green plus button in the corner and enter the class code.
If none of these recommendations work, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- How you are trying to add students to your roster and name(s) of your roster(s)
- Students' names/email addresses/usernames
DELETING DUPLICATE STUDENTS FROM A ROSTER
STUDENT IS ON ROSTER, BUT TEACHER CANNOT EDIT STUDENT DETAILS
There may be times you receive the error "Sorry, that user isn't a member of your organization."
This may happen when you:
- Try to add a student to a new roster (and the student is already on another one of your rosters)
- Try to edit any details on the students' profile
This error may occur when the student account already exists, but is tied to another contract.
If you receive this error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that our team can add the student accounts to the correct contract. Please email the following information:
- The name of the roster you want to add the student to (if adding to a roster).
- The student email address/username being impacted.
- Additionally, was the student account created by another teacher? Did you have a previous individual Pro Teacher account, unsubscribe from it, and then repurchase? Did you have an individual Pro Teacher account and then you joined a Pro school account?