Check out our roster troubleshooting suggestions below if you are having any trouble with your rosters.
1) Multiple or Repeat Names on Roster
If your student’s name appears in multiple variations on the roster, they may have entered their name differently on some assignments. To prevent this from happening, we encourage you to lock the roster after all of your students have joined.
1. Click a roster.
2. Click the three dots.
3. Click Lock Options.
4. Check Lock this Roster.
2) Add Students to Roster
There are a variety of reasons why students might not be able to be added to your roster:
1. Student has an accidental teacher account.
Student should click Profile then DELETE ACCOUNT. They can then sign up for a student account here.
2. Google Classroom roster is not syncing correctly.
Click Rosters then the double arrow icon next to the roster in question.
If this doesn’t work, please try the following:
- Make sure students have already been rostered in Google Classroom first.
- Delete ALL basic students from this roster (note: this will delete their work. If you want to save their work, please export to PDF, and then delete the Basic students)
- Log out of ALL Google accounts on your device.
- Log out of Classkick.
- Log back into Classkick by clicking CONTINUE WITH GOOGLE.
- Click the double arrow icon on your roster page.
- Ensure that students have a STUDENT account and not a teacher account.
3. Students haven't logged into Classkick yet.
If students' Portfolio accounts were created using Google Classroom roster import, students should click CONTINUE WITH GOOGLE when they first log into Classkick. This activates the students' accounts. Otherwise, teachers will be unable to add these students to additional rosters.
4. Student already has a Portfolio account.
To add a student who already has a Portfolio account,
1. The student should log into their existing account.
2. Share an assignment's Class Code with the student.
3. The student should click the green plus button.
4. The student types in the class code and clicks SUBMIT.
If you need additional assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- How you are adding students to your roster
- Name of your roster.
- Students' names/email addresses/usernames.
3) Delete Duplicate Students from Roster
In order to delete a student off of a roster,
1. Click Rosters.
2. Click the roster in question.
3. Click the X next to the student's name.
PLEASE NOTE: This will delete all the work associated with that particular student. Due to privacy laws, there is no way to recover student work once it is deleted.
4) Student is on roster, but teacher cannot edit student details
There may be times you receive the error Sorry, that user isn't a member of your organization.
This may happen when you try to add a student to a new roster (and the student is already on another one of your rosters) or when you edit any details on the students' profile.
This error may occur when the student account already exists, but is tied to another contract.
If you receive this error, please email email@example.com so that our team can add the student accounts to the correct contract. Please include the following information:
- The name of the roster the student should be on.
- The student's email address or username.
- Whether the student account was created by another teacher.
Have more questions? Submit a request