Check out some of the Roster FAQs below! If you have a question that was not answered, please email email@example.com.
Click on each heading for more information.
1) How Many Students can be on a roster?
You can have an unlimited number of students in a roster. However, our team recommends you have no more than 30-35 students on a roster to prevent loading issues.
2) Is there a limit on the number of rosters in Classkick?
No! You can add an unlimited number of rosters.
3) Can students be on multiple rosters?
Yes, you can add students to another roster. Students can simultaneously be in multiple rosters at once.
If you are trying to add an existing student to a roster and can't, please see this help center article for some troubleshooting suggestions.
4) How do I prevent students from having multiple names on my roster?
If your student’s name appears in multiple variations on the roster, they have entered their name differently on some assignments (e.g. Alan vs. Alan S).
To prevent this from happening, we encourage you to lock the roster after all of your students have joined. See FAQ 5 for instructions on how to lock your roster.
5) How do I lock a roster?
Locking your roster prevents students from accidentally joining the incorrect roster and from creating multiple logins.
Watch the video below for information on how to lock your roster.
6) How do I prevent students from entering my roster?
You should lock your roster.
In order to delete a student off of a roster,
1. Click Rosters.
2. Click the roster your student is on.
3. Click the X to the right of their name.
PLEASE NOTE: This means that the teacher loses access to the student's work from that roster. However, re-adding them back to the roster should allow you to see the work again.
8) My student is getting an error that says "Sorry, your work is open on another device." What does this mean and how can I give my student access to log in?
If your students are getting this error when trying to log in, it means you have the Single Device Login feature selected for your roster.
- Single Device Login ensures that a student can only log in from one device.
- This is helpful in preventing students from logging in to each other's accounts if you have a Basic roster. However, if a student logs into an assignment during an off-time, they might still be able to enter a classmate's work.
- This error can also pop up if a student exits Classkick without signing out of their account.
Please watch the video to see how to turn this feature off and give your students access!
9) I am trying to add a student to a roster, but am not able to. What do I do?
10) How can I archive rosters?
After you create new rosters, you may want to delete or archive your old rosters.
1. Click Rosters.
2. Click the closed eye icon next to the roster you wish to archive.
- This will hide your roster from your active rosters view, and prevent students from seeing work within this roster.
- These changes will be active on web.
To unarchive your roster on iOS,
1. Click Rosters.
2. Click the hidden rosters icon.
3. Click the open eye icon.
At this time, we do not have the ability to officially archive rosters on web, but you can delete rosters by clicking on the Delete roster icon.
- Deleting a roster will delete the students' work and you will NOT be able to restore the roster or undo the delete.
- Deleting a roster, or removing a student from the roster, does NOT delete the student account.
- If you wish to delete a roster, doing so will put all the assignments assigned to students in an Old Work folder on iOS. This article gives more information on the Old Work folder.
- Once a roster has been deleted, there is no way to remove the work from the Old Work folder. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we hope to improve this in the future.
In order to delete a roster without the work being available to students in an Old Work folder:
1. HIDE the assignments assigned to the roster.
2. Delete the roster. (This does NOT delete the assignments from your dashboard, but hides them from the students).
If you would rather keep the roster in order to continue to have access to student work, our team recommends you rename the roster to note that it is an old roster.
- Ex. Period 6 to OLD - Period 6 or Archived - Period 6
You can also export student work to PDF before deleting the roster to save the student work before deleting within Classkick.
11) How do I reset my student's password and information?
1. Click Rosters.
2. Click the correct roster.
3. Click the pencil icon next to the student's name.
3. Edit the student's first name, last name, email address, or username by filling in the text boxes accordingly.
4. Click RESET PASSWORD to generate a new password for the student.
12) Student Overview
The Student Overview dashboard displays the student’s statistics for each assignment they’ve been assigned, including how many slides they have viewed, their grade, and any raised hand notifications. You can order the assignments by each of these categories.
To view all work for one student,
1. Click Rosters then click the roster you wish to view.
2. Click a student’s name.
3. The Student Overview dashboard opens.
4. Click the assignment name or type the name of the assignment in the Search bar to view a specific assignment.
PLEASE NOTE: This update may affect some users’ roster colors. We apologize for this inconvenience and are actively working on fixing this issue.
Please watch this video to learn more about all the roster features available through Classkick.