Check out some of the Roster FAQs below! If you have a question that was not answered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know so we can answer your question and add it to the list!
(Click on the links to jump down to the correct section)
- How many students can be on a roster?
- Is there a limit on the number of rosters in Classkick?
- Can students be on multiple rosters?
- How do I prevent students from having multiple names on my roster?
- How do I lock a roster?
- How do I prevent students from entering my roster?
- How do I delete/remove a student off of a roster?
- My student is getting an error that says "Sorry, your work is open on another device."
- I am trying to add a student to a roster, but am not able to. What do I do?
You can have an unlimited number of students in a roster. However, our team recommends you have no more than 30-35 students on a roster to prevent loading issues.
No! You can add an unlimited number of rosters.
Yes, you can add students to another roster. Students can simultaneously be in multiple rosters at once.
If you are trying to add an existing student to a roster and can't, please see this help center article for some troubleshooting suggestions.
If your student’s name appears in multiple variations on the roster, they have entered their name differently on some assignments (ie Alan vs. Alan S).
To prevent this from happening, we encourage you to lock the roster after all of your students have joined. See FAQ 5 for instructions on how to lock your roster.
Locking your roster prevents students from accidentally joining the incorrect roster and from creating multiple logins.
Watch the video below for information on how to lock your roster.
You should lock your roster.
In order to delete a student off of a roster, go into your roster view and click the "X" all the way to the right of their name.
PLEASE NOTE: This means that the teacher loses access to the student's work. However, re-adding them back to the roster should allow you to see the work again.
If your students are getting this error when trying to log in, it means you have the "Single Device Login" feature checked for your roster!
- Single Device Login will ensure that students can only enter an assignment on their own device. In other words, only one device can be logged into the account at a time.
- This is helpful in preventing students from logging in to each other's accounts. However, if a student logs into an assignment during an off-time, they might still be able to enter a classmate's work.
- This error can also pop up if a student exits Classkick without signing out (ie simply closing the tab or window vs clicking "Sign Out").
Please watch the video to see how to turn this feature off and give your students access!
Please see this help center article for some troubleshooting suggestions.
Please watch this video to learn more about all the roster features available through Classkick.